Monday 2 November 2009

Mr Clean - Gallusness



I would firstly like to thank Mr Jones for helping to give my entry this month a little context (and I was going for a little continuity, honest).

My effort I guess you wouldn't really class as an illustration probably more a concept that I've worked up. Time was properly conspiring against me this month and so I thought how about Mr Clean being the man tasked with cleaning up some of the more infamous/controversial album sleeves that are out there. Arranged grid like as an homagé to another notorious album sleeve (U2's Acthung Baby) I went for a 3x3 grid as opposed to their 4x4.

Next month I'm well picking up pens/pencils as it seems to have been too long. Guess that'll all depend what the limitation is?

Oh and here is the flat artwork as well.


2 comments:

Reeko said...

I like this a lot. It's a very clever concept. Did you think about using think black "censor strips"...? I wonder if that would have been overkill?

A mate of mine did something like this at college. It was about censorship and he blurred everything that *wasn't* considered rude or offensive. I think he just wanted to do work featuring boobies...;)

Christie Photopoulou said...

Very cool indeed. CDs and record covers in general have so much potential for homage, and creativity generally. I'll be so sad if everything goes to download. I can't belive it will though, we'll still be able to have the rush of buying a new record and flicking through the sleeve artwork on the way home...