Thursday 3 June 2010

Twilight Of The Innocents – Gallusness



It's the month start(ish) and it's time to unveil this months solution(s) to the shuffle.

Last weekend I went to my regular Dr Sketchy's Glasgow anti-art school drawing class. It was a steampunk special this month and the models were (largely) resplendent in Victorian/futuristic costume – Well at least until the burlesque element of the afternoon kicked in. This setting and the models (two of which are a couple in real life) made me think that it seemed like a fitting way to answer this months title. Twilight of the Innocents is a suitably apocalyptic track and their own War of the Worlds routine seemed in a similar vibe. I chose to use white conte on black sugar paper to tie in with the twilight idea.

I've uploaded a few of my sketches from the day, nothing too finished or styled. At Dr. Sketchy's you draw to the length of a song, or series of songs. Shown are a mix of 2 songs and 3 songs sketches.

No comments: