Wednesday 30 April 2008

For the Heart I Once Had - Owen


















I'm proud to once again be the first to post their submission.

This month's effort is deeper and more sensitive than March's blasé and comical entry. I struggled for inspiration from the title alone so I used the lyrics as direction, particularly the first verse and chorus:

Heaven today is but a way
To a place I once called home.
Heart of a child, one final sigh
As another love goes cold.
Once my heart beat to rhythm of the falling snow
Blackened below, the river now flows
A stream of molten virgin snow.

For the heart I'll never have, for the child forever gone
The music flows because it longs
For the heart I once had.

I know, I know, it's deep man.

Well here's the illustration, hope you like.

3 comments:

Reeko said...

Love this. Really. You have a real style developing and all the layers are just awesome. So well composed again. It's the graphic designer in you. I don't think you could produce a badly composed image.

Enough! Read my post for more tomfoolery!

Owen said...

Nice one, ta. Not too much I'd change to be honest. I love all the layers and with Nightwish being Finnish I love that this image reflects my experience of Finland - I'm pleased with the spaciousness of it, the background could go on forever!

Cheers!

Reeko said...

See, you're really getting into the whole relating the image to the band and everything... Crazy talk! I'm just taking the title and running with it for better or worse. Gonna do better with the next one and take a leaf out of your book methinks. Let's see what my iTunes comes up with!