Wednesday 1 October 2008

Just Die, Alright? - Reeko

Whoa! What's with all this posting the title before deadline stuff! I'm here! I'm here!

Today is my birthday. It's also the first 5 minutes off I've had this month. I sketched this on a train a couple weeks back and only have been able to polish it up to posting quality today. Also, I ain't finished with this... but I have run out of time! So what's done, is done. I plan on finishing this soon so if it turns out better I'll repost.

The image is based around all those horror flicks where the actress with the cunningly ripped blouse screams in desperation as the killer climbs out of the shark pool/acid tub/mince grinder/molten lava/outer space to continue his ever so slow stagger towards his victim... "Just... die, alright?".

Welcome Gallusness! Hope you can keep up man, 'cos I'm struggling!

Ain't no quitter though... I'll be back. Game on!

UPDATE

As promised I've had a tinker and added a background. This is what I had in mind...

7 comments:

Owen said...

Where's the robots?! ;)

Man I really like this, I think it's up there with the best you've done for IST (along with For the Heart I Once Had).

The villain is brilliant, and the girl is so B movie! As for the victim, genius contortion of his hand! You can almost see him twitch (sick......)!

Love it.

Reeko said...

I was going to give him a robot hand then I thought... Oh stop pushing your luck! Thanks pal.

Gallusness said...

I'm going to be controversial, no I'm not really. But I am going to declare my favourite submissions to date and this is one of them. The other is Owen's For The Heart I Once Had.

There is only one wee tiny thing I would say though... I'd nudge the damsel a fraction up and lefter. Just so there is no 'tinkerbell' on a blade-ness. Was fact you said this a rough version?! I think it rocks. Great body shapes and perspective.

Reeko said...

Yes, the "tinkerbell on a blade" issue is my main problem with this image.

I'm going to try some tricks to fix it and repost...

Gallusness said...

I meant that last post with best intentions. Think it really is totally ace. Just a wee bit of breathing space between blade and feet and it'll be so, so, so sweet. How do you better that this month?

Reeko said...

I have plans ;)

Reposted. Ah, That's better...

Gallusness said...

Sweet. Plans you say, that makes two of us... Hmmmmm