Monday 2 February 2009

Apple Tree - Gallusness



Howay, ok a little bit late but you know blame the Superbowl.

This month I had a hum and a haw and then on Thursday the 8th of January the brief for me solved itself. This was when the Bank of England cut interest rates to the lowest they've been since 1694. The year Newton had his theory about gravity and generally apple trees became involved in a child's education for every more.

I thought of the medium and felt pen and pencils would be a little wrong. Instead I've done it in a style of a piece of graf to reflect this event. And yeah the world is ever so slightly screwed so lets make it a little bit more pretty.

Just to check guys, am I on February's shuffle duty?
That'll be 26 days and counting (gulp).

3 comments:

Owen said...

Hey Scott, nice one. I love the topical nature and I'm surprised (and quite pleased) that neither you or Reekie came up with a computer related design this month!

I presume it's Mr Newton on the floor? Pesky apples!

And I also presume you've been on a 'brush hunt' for some nice spray textures! ;)

Reeko said...

Yes, yes you are!

Reeko said...

Very nice work. very well thought out and executed. Especially the way you laced it on wood, not brick...

Issac Newton grafitti? Who'da thunk it!