Monday 5 January 2009

Roses for the Dead - Jones



Oh gosh. So it's 5 days into the next month, and there's me thinking 'oh they won't have got round to it either, I'll be ok...'.

WRONG

Both Reeko and Gallusness have managed to post, and therefore so shall I. With regret...

It's a long long way from being the finished article but I'm afraid I didn't even get round to thinking that up - this is very early stages. Excuses and bull aside, I also realise that Gallusness has produced a sketch based on the Cadbury's Roses idea, and that it may seem that I've nicked his idea.

I honestly didn't. My sketches were based around the idea of the mystery gift under the Christmas tree wrapped in deathly wrapping paper - I didn't intend to use the Cadbury's branding etc, as the shape (as it always does) gives away the contents.

Again, apologies. Hopefully I might get more time this month but it's still looking unlikely...!

3 comments:

Owen said...

...and now I look at it, I realise it looks more like Roses FROM the dead rather than FOR! ;) Ah well...

Gallusness said...

Ha at my end I'd thought we'd had near misses at similar-ish ideas and this the closest yet.

Bothers me not. I was definitely thinking of tins of Roses. My old boss made us stack them precariously on top of fridges and I'd inadvertently come close to 'offing' two separate (thankfully) old ladies. That's more near death and it was back in the days of Woolies (R.I.P.).

New title Woooooooooooo.

Promise to you both I'll give it more than 12 minutes and shabby Ikea pencil.

Ps. I like the tag!

Reeko said...

This is nearest miss yet, I'm guessing due to the proximity of Xmas and the shear quantity of that product in shop windows... Now let's have a gander at that new title...!