Saturday 31 January 2009

Apple Tree - Jones



Hello, just found a minute to post this (early, but using the clever delayed posting feature!) and not knowing when I'd next get a chance I grabbed it with both hands!

Here's my interpretation of the title 'Apple Tree'. I expect that the other fellas probably had similar thoughts (or at least relating to the Apple computers theme), so I'm not claiming to be original or particularly cryptic with this one! But I am really chuffed with the end result and would really really love to screen print it as a big ol' poster!

Hope you like it too. I'll post some close ups on my website soon.

O

4 comments:

Gallusness said...

SWEET. I like it…

You know any free full size posters going spare send us one up! It's cool if I saw this on ffffound.com I'd well nick it and save it for inspriration and reference. Seriously if Apple feel the need to sell trees that's the advertising campaign sorted.

After last months near miss our postings this month will be very different. Which will follow in due course (though admittedly not in the last 10 minutes of January).

Gallusness said...

I must spell inspiration correctly.
I must spell inspiration correctly.
I must spell inspiration correctly.
I must spell inspiration correctly.
I must spell inspiration correctly.
I must spell inspiration correctly.
I must spell inspiration correctly.
I must spell inspiration correctly.
I must spell inspiration correctly.
I must spell inspiration correctly.

Reeko said...

Good lord this is good. I want to email this to the entire design community!

Just looked at it again, not only is your idea ace, and not obvious, but the execution is superb. The blue print look and... damn you Jones!

Best one ever. Fact.

One thing I picked up on in college is that the first thing you think of seems like the most obvious idea in the world. What we have to remember is that the first thing you think of is rarely the first thing someone else thinks of. Don't be afraid of it!

And also, as you have proved, it's all in the execution...

Owen said...

Ha, thank you both, very kind! I gotta admit I'm really pleased with the way it turned out and am looking forward to finding a moment to stick some crops up on my site (ha, crops, like plants! Didn't mean that...).