Thursday 1 January 2009

Roses For The Dead – Reeko

In the interests of full disclosure, I'm writing this post on Friday 19th December. I am going to use the clever auto posting thingie to hopefully post this image on New Years day. All that feels very strange and Back To The Future-y so let's hope nothing happens that creates a paradox and the image starts to fade before our eyes. I don't know what that action could be, I just hope I don't end up stuck in 1885... I do look good with a '50's quiff so at least my hair would be happy.

There was a lot of development, dropped ideas and reworking that went into this image but I won't bore you with all that here! For those interested, come on over to my own site to read the full story there...

2 comments:

Gallusness said...

I liked the development and seeing your entry transform. Loving the final tweaks on her face etc. which go to make a really beautiful illustration.

It's both dark and light in equal measure so at least one of us ended 2008 on a high note.

Right what's up next?

Owen said...

Wow that's brilliant! I'm deeply ashamed by my failure to post last month, especially when confronted by a situation where you have obviously put in so much effort!

Lovely lovely, one of the best entries ever. The figure is so elegant and the perspective is (as always) a great feature of your style. Love it.