Monday 1 June 2009

Tell Me A Lie - Christie

An unexpected visitor to the Illustrated Song Titles, I hope that's ok. I am really excited about contributing, thanks for having me! The standard of work is really high, so I'm going to have to keep my game good. This first entry was inspired by the strange notion that pulling petals off a daisy will somehow enlighten us about the love of another... There is always a tiny amount of hope that it might somehow, born of sheer willpower, be true.

Peace, Christie

5 comments:

Reeko said...

Welcome missus!

Love this, The linework reminds me of illustrated botanical books and I think the type is spot on!

She loves me, she loves me not...

Owen said...

Hey Mrs P, good, no GREAT to have you on board! Takes our little rag-tag gang up to 4, lovely jubbly!

Having not seen your illustrations for a while I'd forgotten the clean, 'cuteness' of the linework! The simplicity is great, and I like the concept.

Hope to see more entries from you in future!

Gallusness said...

Hi Christie (Mrs P)?,

Nice to have somebody else – the more the merrier!

Beautiful first attempt. It's clean, it's a beautiful style, colours are fresh it's a lovely concept…

Go on give the rest of us a chance…
Lovely cant wait to see more!

Reeko said...

Yes, should explain...

Christie is my fair lady wife (we met on the Illustration course at Bristol), A greek by nationality she has kept her surname "Photopoulos", hence "Mrs P". Owen and I have been bugging her to join in since we started!

She has recently left her job as an Art Director at Bauer to go freelance... hence IST.

Christie Photopoulou said...

Thanks for making me feel welcome guys!