Thursday 30 April 2009

Like A Stone - Jones



Here's my nice early posting for Like A Stone. Found a nice bit of free time early on to nail the idea, and a bit towards the end to do some finishing off with the colours etc. Bonus. I've noticed though, that the ones I've managed to spend a bit more time on have generally been ones where I've chosen the songs! Strange?

All quite graphic-y I know, and not really conventionally illustrative, rather a little bit conceptual. Hope you don't mind.

The downward lines are used in different ways to spell the words "like a stone", with the arrows showing the gravitational pull as they fall, like a stone, towards the bottom. Simple as that I'm afraid!

2 comments:

Reeko said...

Excellent.

Pefectly illustrating the title with a side salad of humour. I also like the way you have uploaded a huge image so I can scroll all over it spotting little touches and gems.

Love it!

Gallusness said...

There is always some level of quality and class in your entries Mr. Jones. Another goody!

A strong idea well executed. Yeah just like it, nicely done.

It's the sort of thing I could easily imagine as a giant poster as actual band/single artwork.