Wednesday 1 April 2009

Traffic In The Sky - Owen



"pant pant, puff, puff..."

Here I am, sorry I'm a bit late!

My effort is a bit like what I'd envisaged, but a lot less detailed and not quite as good! This is based on my first sketch. I later ditched the sketch and wanted to just concentrate on the red and white light trails in the sky but couldn't get it to work very well with limited time, so went back to the sketch.

I like the fact I experimented with a slightly different style, and I like the rough pencil work (to a point, anyway) showing through. If I had a couple of days just to dedicate to it I'm confident I'd have managed something more 'finished' looking!

2 comments:

Gallusness said...

Nice one, can see it's more a work in progress than some of your other entries but still cool.

Think there is a truly beautiful image in there that is just the light trails of oncoming and opposing traffic. Could be somewhat Aurora Borealis (that's my band name should I ever end up in a band by the way) in effect.

I like the sketch marks showing through wish I had some of the freedom and energy in my entry.

April cant be as mental busy for us all can it?

Reeko said...

Would like April to be less busy, but just as profitable! Wishful thinking methunks...

LOVE the pencil, so much movement and energy which you would have struggled to replicate in vectors, I would say.

Good stuff mate, very good stuff.