Wednesday 1 April 2009

Traffic In The Sky – Reeko


This month, well firstly I thought I wasn't going to post at all! Then I finished stuff earlier than I thought and discovered to my delight that I had a whole day to play with.

I decided to paint this one in acrylic on board... mainly because I just wanted to. I've been looking at a lot of painted work lately and fancied having my first bash at it for... ooh, could be 5 years?!

The idea comes from this line in the song, "Shadows of the planes...". What you may not be able to see is that the figure has a toy plane in his hands.

Have a great month!

5 comments:

Owen said...

WICKED! Really nice, and opportunist - taking the chance to do some acrylic painting.

One thing, interesting, hopefully not negative, but it looks a lot like he's floating on water (although you can also see it's grass, bonkers!) but a bit of ambiguity is cool anyway and makes it really interesting!

Like it. I made a start on mine last night, might have enough time to scrape it together this week but no promises.

Reeko said...

You're right there, actually. Might be due to the fact it's a photo, not a scan...

Gallusness said...

Hey guys.

Liking it, it's different from your usual Reeko style which through me at first. But yeah it's pretty sweet. I second O's feedback that it looks as though he is floating but I kinda like that. Colours are great and sits together as a whole really well.

There is a touch of Storm Thorgerson and his cover for Muse's Absolution about it? No bad thing though! And if I'm really honest very close to where I was thinking of going before ditching the lyrics (no really same choice of line in the song and everything) to just be cheeky with my interpretation.

Scary had a few near misses with Owen probably the closest have come to being in similar head space to yourself, yikes.

Owen said...

Yeah, definitely reminds me of the Absolution cover! Nice.

Reeko said...

Yep, absolution cover definitely in my head, not too suprised you guys spotted it!