Friday 31 July 2009

Charlie - Owen

Hmm, I've noticed a slide in the quality of my recent entries. The trend seems to be to leave it too late (in fairness, things have been hectic!) and throw together a hurriedly produced effort.

Well, Charlie was no different I'm afraid. Maybe you'll like it. Maybe. Unlikely though!

My first thoughts were to do with (a) Charlie Brown, (b) phonetic alphabet and (c) cocaine! I discounted the cocaine and worked out how to combine the first two with the least effort involved (sorry, gotta be honest).

So I made a picture of Charlie Brown, complete with zig-zag jumper, out of lots of letter 'c's. And here it is. Man, I'm ashamed.

4 comments:

Christie Photopoulou said...

No need for shame, it's a goodie. I did the phono alphabet so I guess toether we have all cliches covered, right?! One thing I learnt at uni, no one will thank you for your obscue choices. Go obvious, but do it well. Let's live by that one!

Gallusness said...

Hey Owen. I don't think it's your best but having said that you're the guy that did Apple Tree and that is what you find when you look in a dictionary under awesome-ness.

But I think it's kinda cool, similar to what I said to Christie your efforts (especially recently) in terms of concept and finish have a lot of variety. C'mon it's Charlie Brown - how can you not be a fan.

I'm not to sure of so much yellow on white, but that's a really personal thing. But then again not sure what colour you would/could do Charlie Brown - he is yellow!

Did you experiment with other colour schemes out of interest?

Don't be hard on yourself though. Think as a concept and way of getting that across it works just fine. Glad you didn't have Charlie Brown overdosing on coke - Snoopy by his side ready with the adrenalin…

Reeko said...

I had trouble seeing this one on my screen. I think it's a good idea, a little obscure, but Charlie Brown's awesome!

Maybe if you did him white on black, we'd see him better and you'd get the cocaine ref in!

Owen said...

Yeah, for some reason I decided (and it was intentional I assure you) to do him a bit hidden with tints of yellow on white. Ah well.